I am a twenty-something blogger who loves nothing more than travelling the world. If I am not packing my bags for my next excursion, be it local or across the globe, I am researching my next trip and adding adventures to my bucket list.
I caught the travel bug a little later than some. Not including a trip to Disney when I was 12, and a long weekend in Nova Scotia when I was 13, I didn’t go on my first trip until my twenties. Following that, I am proud to say that I have left my home province of Ontario every year since, sometimes two or three times, and I am on pace for reaching my life goal: 6 continents, 50 countries, 400 places.
Ambitious, I know. Especially when you take into account that I have already committed to a husband, a job, and yes, a mortgage. But I am strong believer that “nothing that is worthwhile is ever easy,” and you will only find happiness when you strike the right balance of all the things you love.
Other Things to Know About Me
- I once was terrified of roller coasters, but I am now an adrenaline junkie. I have swum with sharks, gone bungee jumping and white water rafting and love cliff jumping. Next up is skydiving and sledging in New Zealand.
- I am a planner. While I am 100 per cent in favour of allowing time for spontaneous adventures, especially when you are travelling, I will never be the person who can jump on a plane without a plan about where I will be going or start out my day without a destination.
- I love watching sports, especially alongside die hard fans. I hope to get the opportunity to watch a soccer game in Europe, a football and basketball game in the United States, a rugby games in New Zealand or Australia, and attend a Olympic event.
- I am married to my favourite travel partner, Chris, who loves to see the world as much as I do and pushes me to plan less and pack less.
- I love to read, and one of my favourite things to read are travel blogs. Before I travel anywhere, I like to find out what other people did, what the loved, hated and of course the best places to eat.